Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Andre Gray have lost their battle to build a swimming pool and a spa at their luxury £5million mansion, it's been claimed.

The couple, who got engaged earlier this year, reportedly sought planning permission to set up a underground leisure complex that also included a hot tub at their home in Surrey.

The plush complex would have been built into a banked garden with a sunken courtyard at their house, according to The Sun.

But the local Surrey Heath council has reportedly called the proposed 13ft-high development "inappropriate" and said it would bring harm to the green belt area.

Leigh-Anne Pinnock and Andre Gray have lost their battle to build a swimming pool and a spa at their luxury £5million mansion, it's been claimed
The couple reportedly wanted to set up a underground leisure complex that also included a hot tub at their home

They said: "It is noted that the proposal would largely be below ground and that land re-profiling would be limited, however this simply means that no additional harm to the green belt would arise."

Leigh-Anne and Andre were given permission to extend their kitchen, breakfast room and master bedroom in a separate application.

Their home already has a grand entrance hall, family room, bar, study and his and hers dressing rooms and triple garage, next to a golf course.

Leigh-Anne with her Little Mix bandmates Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards

It comes after the council decided last year they were allowed to keep a 9ft privacy wall and entrance gates that were built without planning permission.

When the home was built six years ago, the council ruled that no extensions, garages or other buildings can be added without permission.

Leigh-Anne and Andre have now applied for permitted development rights to be reinstated.

Leigh-Anne and Andre got engaged in May

In a statement, their planning agent said: "The case for the applicant is that the imposition of the condition is not considered to be justified on the basis of reasonableness and necessity.

"It places an unnecessary restriction on the activities of future householders as it removes freedoms to carry out small scale domestic extensions, outbuildings and alterations."

Planners are expected to make a decision on January 18.

The Mirror has contacted Leigh-Anne and Andre's reps for comment.